Greek Poet ILIAS FOUKIS

Greek Poet      ILIAS   FOUKIS
Poetry is the voice of the Gods

Friday, October 7, 2011

THE EXISTENCE OF APHRODITE Poem by ILIAS FOUKIS


                  THE   EXISTENCE   OF   APHRODITE




             The thought you are leaving
             ceaselessly irrevocably from me
             has brought to a halt at the Gates of my heart
             the motion of Stars..Birds...
                                                Dreams.... Thoughts
             and all the Planets
             at exactly the point of their happiest days.




             Despite all that
             such unconscious imaginings
             die early
             and there is a great likelihood
             that as soon as the funeral service of Matter
             has been eradicated from my suspicions 
             you will come back to me one day again.




             But nothing will change
             regarding the consequences of that Procession 
             because since I never wanted to be alone
             I would ask you...




             Where were you so long?
             Since the creation of the World?
             With whom?
             Finally..how could you yourself have been anywhere ?




             The Stars...
             in their light
              not able to stand the cold of loneliness
              hoping that virility
              will be glowing somewhere else...




              The birds
              whose motion will remind you
              how you too could seek out another roof...


              The thoughts
              how they convinced you that you Exist..!


              The Dreams
              with which this landscape has misted over
              you would have asked something more from nature...


              Finally...All the Planets
              going round them
              the one after the other 
              believing that you were somewhere...
              well then,  all these  were in me...!         






                                   Translation  by


                                   PHILIP     RAMP


                  

9 comments:

  1. Viviana Luust --- ‎Elias Foukis me has tocado el corazón. El poema es tan especial, verdadero, perfecto. ME ENCANTÓ. ME FASCINÓ. ERES GENIAL. Kisses mil.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viviana Luust ---ARGENTINA --- I've touched the heart. The poem is so special, true, perfect. I loved it. I was fascinated. 'Are Great.

      Delete

  2. Drew Col ---
    Great poem, another hidden gem. I too seek aphrodite

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIMON ELIOT American Poet ---- Elias Foukis.. A brave Poet.

    ReplyDelete

  4. ♍iℓαєиα ♍αятiиєz --- Incredible..
    So beautiful!! Very imaginative! My friend & I used to call ourselves "Aphrodite & Venus," this brings back tons of good memories. I love this poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norman Wilson --- POET ---
    So poetic. Style only belonging to you. A talent that can never be copied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marina Mina --- POET ---
    YOUR A GREAT POET WRITER....I'm lost for words!!! awseome job....

    ReplyDelete